Kimberly Collins’ Guide to a Long Weekend in Denver
Still on the fence about attending the AGTA Sparkle & Joy show at HardRock Summit next weekend? I’ll be there! I’ve been traveling to Denver regularly for years, and I love the city. Although I’ll be busy at the show all day, I’m so excited to get back to some of the best coffee shops, restaurants, cocktail bars, and hotels in the city while I’m in town.
Join me in a little Denver getaway by registering for the Sparkle & Joy show before it’s too late! Once you register, use my guide below to plan the rest of your visit to the Mile High City, and make the most of your long weekend there.
First, you’ll need to grab dinner after you fly in Friday night. Denver has no shortage of late-night dining spots, but a few of my absolute favorites include:
- Sushi Den is a must-visit every time I find myself in Denver. I absolutely love their [insert roll name/favorite dish]. It’s not walkable from downtown, but it’s just a quick Uber or Lyft ride away.
- Larimer Square is just a few blocks away from the convention center and Sheraton, and has several fantastic restaurants. Ocean Prime is a great option for a classic steakhouse experience, and Rioja serves up fresh Mediterranean favorites, but it’s hard to go wrong with any of the restaurants on the block.
- SAFTA is a little newer to the Denver food scene, opened in 2018 by Israeli-born chef Alon Shaya. I haven’t eaten there yet, but it has rave reviews and I’m eager to give it a try!
After your fantastic meal, you may be ready to turn in for the night. I know reservations in downtown Denver are filling up as we’re approaching the show, but I’d highly recommend getting a room at one of these spots, if you can!
- The ART is a hotel that is more than just a place to sleep – it’s truly an experience. I stayed there the last time I was in the city, and was blown away by the celebration of postmodern art in every room.
- Have the shortest commute in the city by staying at the Sheraton Downtown Denver. The Sparkle & Joy show is right in the building! And last time we checked, there are still a few rooms available for the weekend.
- The Crawford Hotel is housed within Union Station, so you’ll have easy access to the entire Denver metro area. Built during the Union Station renovation in 2012, The Crawford celebrates Denver’s history and heritage with modern elegance.
In the morning, you’ll need to fuel up for a busy day at the Sparkle & Joy show!
- Snooze, also located within Union Station right in downtown Denver, is a delicious local option for a hearty breakfast to kick off your day. Whether you’re in the mood for a short stack or breakfast burrito, Snooze will hook you up with some of the finest breakfast Denver has to offer.
- If coffee and pastry is more your speed, Little Owl Coffee’s Blake Street location is worth a visit! They pride themselves on their beautifully crafted espresso, and an evolving menu of fresh-baked sweets.
- The Delectable Egg on Market Street serves some of the most inventive and delicious omelettes and egg benedicts in the city. Plus, it’s right around the corner from the Sheraton, where the Sparkle & Joy show is taking place!
After breakfast, come see me at the Sparkle & Joy show. I’d love to share some of these pieces with you, and show you some other amazing stunners in my collection.
To decompress after a day at the show, join me for a cocktail at one of these amazing spots:
- The Cooper Lounge is another Denver favorite located in – you guessed it – Union Station! Housed within Union Station’s upper level, it provides a glamorous experience in the heart of the city, but a little removed from the hustle and bustle of the lobby below.
- Located just on the other side of I-25, Forest Room 5 has a more casual and relaxed atmosphere, with inventive drinks.
- Seven Grand, housed in Dairy Block downtown, is a cozy whiskey bar with an extensive whiskey list, spanning from Bourbon to Rye, and Scotch to Japanese Whisky. Or, keep it simple and order an old fashioned.
Are you as excited as I am about this Mile High weekend? Find your flight, book that hotel room, and register today to connect with me at the Sparkle & Joy show!